Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Mind Blowing Blackberry Cobbler

So the pasta last night was good yet not mind-blowing but the dessert I made was as phenomenal as any cobbler, tart or even pie that I have ever had.

First, a shout out to a dear (and amazing) friend of mine who has a great blog of her own: The Busy Bee Writes. After spending about two hours yesterday catching up on her blog, I got 1. Hungry and 2. Inspired. So thank you, B, for always asking to see more of my photos and for your inspirational blog. I think this is one of the reasons people blog - to stay connected with those who are not close. :) Also, she is always adding amazing and healthy recipes!

This is such a simple recipe! We had a couple of packages of blackberries in the fridge (thanks to a great sale at the store) so with my chaperon's help (you know, starts with G, ends with -oogle), I found this simple and delicious recipe.

You will need: 8 inch square baking dish, 4 cups of blackberries, 1 tablespoon (or more) lemon juice, 1 egg, 1 cup of sugar, 1 cup of flour and 6 tablespoons of butter. 


Pop that oven up to 375 degrees and grease the baking dish (I didn't do this and trust me, our dish soap and sponge is  hating me today).. Sprinkle the blackberries on the bottom of the dish and squeeze the lemon juice over the top (I prefer real lemon over packaged lemon juice and I used half of a large lemon, which is more than the 1 tablespoon from the recipe but I think it turned out better).

In a bowl, combine the egg, sugar and flour and then sprinkle over the fruit. Melt the butter and drizzle over the mixture and fruit. Bake for 35 minutes or until browned and bubbly, then let sit for 10 min. 


VOILA! YUM! Phenomenal blackberry cobbler. Between three of us, it was gone by the end of the night. I will definitely be making this again, and again, and again. :) Hope you enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment