Monday, April 23, 2012

A giant free plug for Paper Source

Being in a new city without knowing a lot of people leaves you 1. with quite a bit of time on your hands and 2. quite bored. So I decided to take a class! I figured it would be a good way to meet others interested in what I like, to learn something new and have a fun evening that doesn't involve The Office reruns and stir fry. :)

I signed up for an Upcycling class at the local Paper Source - I love creating, crafts and cards - oh and I love the earth (reusing, reducing and recycling) so what better class that one where you use scraps and used materials to create beautiful cards to send to friends and family.

I had a blast - 3 hours of cutting and gluing and sparkling = my idea of heaven! It was also fun to use a bunch of tools that I don't have, like a boning knife, edge rounder, different stamps, etc. Here are some of the cards I made during the class as well as some that I made at home this weekend! Enjoy - and remember, sending a homemade card means so much to people. :)

Sending to a dear friend who is headed off to Italy this summer - so excited for her!

Sticky foam squares do wonders - on this card, I raised two of the bird cases and made them sparkly - just fun!

A Mother's Day card for my boyfriend's mom - I also learned how to make envelope liners which add an extra POP to personalizing cards! :)

Mother's Day card for my momma and envelope liner.

Not sure if you can see the sparkle, but I love this card.. Also, I used the same pictures of the red bicycle from a calendar that hard a large picture and a small picture. Creative, reusing, perfect.

Love Vespas! Also, the same concept as above, I used the outside of a calendar to make an envelope and the inside I used on the card!

Also raised the Vespa up using foam squres!

Up close picture of the 3D bird using foam squares.

Up close of the bird cages using foam squares.

I needed to send some Thank You's this week and decided to try my hand at making my own. Love how these turned out - all you need are flat cards, a bike stamp and a "thank you" stamp. Super simple!


All supplies can be found at Paper Source, or anywhere that cards, envelopes, glue, tape and foam squares are sold. I am addicted and can't wait to send folks these personalized, hand made cards. :) I hope you are getting inspired to create and send a little note of love to someone who could use it, or maybe take a class and get excited about something. :) Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment