Thursday, May 3, 2012

New Favorite Gift Filling!

Ahhh, I can't wait to share the coolest thing since sliced bread! Well, not english muffins, but the regular sliced loaf. 

Beautiful, fun, and easy gift filling that really makes a statement!


So.. My name is Ally and I'm addicted to Pinterest. There, I said it. So good to be honest. Anyway, I found this post on Oh Happy Day (via the beauty that is Pinterest) where the blogger makes DIY Zig Zag Party Streamers. FUN!


I am always looking for new a fun ways to jazz up gifts that I send friends - so I tried my hand at zig zagging some tissue paper today. 

I took some orange and pink tissue paper (if happiness were two sheets of tissue paper, it'd be orange and pink - fact). I used 1.5 sheets of each to fill up the shoe box.


I cut strips about 4 or 5 inches wide. 

I then cut across the tissue paper (not all the way through) making a cut every 2 or 3 inches


Then I turned over the tissue paper and cut in between your previous cuts (again, not all the way through). 



I chose to stack tissue papers and do 3 or 4 strips at a time. You also don't need to be super precise as it's tissue paper. Bonus - less messy than the shredded filling as these stay in one piece.

TADA - beautiful streamers! 


I then placed them inside my gift box. 


What a fun surprise when my friend opens the box! Who wouldn't want to get a gift with this presentation!?





No comments:

Post a Comment